Sunday 29 June 2014

Cinnamon Tea Cake

Birthday Girl & Cinnamon Tea Cake

This past Thursday was my bestest chummy Laura's 16th birthday. I've had the absolute privilege to know her for over five years now, and loved every minute and memory we've made together. It's only natural for me to blog about something that I love, and in this case it's a someone! On Friday we went out for dinner with a huge bunch of our closest girlfriends (that's about 15 girls!) and enjoyed a lovely dinner and a sneaky rocky road sundae. 

Of course I showered my favourite girl in loads of gifts! My girl is quite fond of crystals and all things spiritual, so I've managed to find a gorgeous yellow dream catcher, and also an opalite crystal to add to her ever-growing collection. I've also picked up a gorgeous blush and bronzing palette from David Jones and two face masks from The Face Shop. And to go along with the birthday celebration we had an afternoon of tea and cake, and I baked a cinnamon tea cake. The recipe from Taste.com is as followed:


INGREDIENTS
180g cubed butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup plain flour
1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Vanilla essence (I forgot this in the picture above)

METHOD

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line with baking paper or grease any cake tin you have, I'm using a heart-shaped tin I bought from David Jones. In a mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and a drizzle of vanilla essence until it forms a pale and creamy consistency. Then add each egg, one at a time, beating well after each.

Sift the plain and self-raising flour and cinnamon into the mixing bowl, and add half the amount of milk, fold it into mixture, then add remaining milk, and continue to mix. Spoon mixture into a lined or greased baking tin and smooth out the surface with a spatula. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 45 minutes or until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Now the best part of the whole thing... licking the bowl!

CINNAMON BUTTER GLAZE
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix together the extra melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon together. Pour over cake and set aside to cool, and then serve. Enjoy!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig