Sunday 2 October 2016

September Favourites

September Favourites | Cate Renée

I feel like I say this at the beginning of every monthly favourites but I honestly cannot believe it's already October and less than 12 weeks til Christmas!! When I first started writing this post I didn't think I had all that much that I'd been using over the last month to share with you but I seemed to have gathered quite a few goodies. And speaking of Christmas and the holiday season I can't wait to start planning my festive themed posts so if you've got any requests or something you'd like to see then please tweet me @itscaterenee or comment below.

After what feels like a lifetime of searching - was pretty close to nine months - I finally got my hands on the uber-hyped shade Stockholm from the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream collection. I searched high and low for this and even checked out the drugstores overseas and still had no luck until last weekend. Nevertheless I've been wearing this liquid lipstick almost everyday as it's the perfect peachy nude colour, subtle enough for work and school. I love the formula of this range and the soft, velvety finish that they leave, plus they are such a bargain beauty buy! Now I'm dying to pick up the Morocco and Manila shades. Another lip favourite that is my one and only go-to for chapped, flaky, dry lips is the Honeymania Lip Balm from The Body Shop. As I'm writing this I'm tucked up in bed with possibly the worst flu of my life and some very nasty cracked lips. This pot is my saviour as it soothes the skin without leaving any burning sensation, rehydrates and smells incredible enough to eat. My last beauty favourite is this Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub by Soap & Glory I picked up from Boots when I visited London back in June. I love using this just before bed or when I'm feeling a little worse for wear after a big night out. I'm not usually one for super sweet scents but this blend of banana, oats and maple smells delicious and is rather calming.

My other non-beauty favourites for September include a YouTube channel, clothing store, tropical candle and my current favourite breakfast. I've always enjoyed watching Sam and Nic from Pixiwoo create extravagant and awesome makeup tutorials but recently I've been watching some of their older videos, especially their old Hollywood makeup videos. As someone who loves everything retro and Hollywood glam I'm dying to watch their new documentary Pixiwood Present: Hollywood Icons which is now available for pre-order on Amazon. It's no secret that 90% of my wardrobe comes from the shelves of Temt and Valleygirl, and both their recent spring collections have been amazing - you don't even want to know how much I spent there this month! This spring/summer season I'm all about the whites, blues, navy, lace and florals - insert Miranda Priestley quote from The Devil Wears Prada - and the odd bright colour. The two fashion retailers have incredible bargains and sales frequently which makes it my favourite one-stop shop for any weekend party outfit. I'm always "nearly" finished with decorating my bedroom, but this time I truly mean it and earlier in September I picked up this lime and coconut beauty from Dusk. One of the only candle brands I know and trust to produce heavenly scents that burn evenly. Lastly my favourite breakfast of champions meal has got to be a big ol' bowl of the Gluten Free Weet-Bix with Coconut and Rice Puffs accompanied by A2 Light Milk and fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig