Friday 16 September 2016

Mini Mecca Haul & First Impressions

Mini Mecca Haul & First Impressions | Cate Renée
Mini Mecca Haul & First Impressions | Cate Renée

I love a little drugstore beauty splurge, but when I received a gift card for my birthday to my favourite makeup store Mecca, I was beyond excited to get my hands on some high end bits. I'd been wanting to try a few things from the brand Hourglass but hadn't been sure what to pick up. I've also been wanting to buy my first highlighter for a while now and I know as a beauty blogger you would've thought I'd had jumped on that train ages ago. So with the gift card I picked up two mini versions of Hourglass products: the Mini Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder in Incandescent Strobe Light and Mini Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Canvas.

My first impressions were that the liquid lipstick was certainly mini! As for the highlighter it gives a gorgeous natural sheen to any high points and is perfect if you're just like me and still testing the highlighting waters. The shade is more of a pale pink with silvery undertones, which would look incredible on paler skintones. I'm still dying to get my hands on the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Moonstone and the uber-hyped Champagne Pop.

Mini Mecca Haul & First Impressions | Cate Renée

I can't say that I was a massive fan of the liquid lipstick. Although I did love the dark peachy shade, for the price and amount of this product I wouldn't justify it - I only really bought it to make up the shipping cost. I found the formulation left a velvety finish that never fully dried, meaning I was left with gloopy lips and excess product. I had high hopes for this lip product but was disappointed with the end result. That aside I can't wait to now pick up a few more of the Hourglass base products, especially the new Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig