Sunday 18 September 2016

Get Ready With Me - High Tea Afternoon

I love fancy things. I also love to take my time doing my makeup and picking out an outfit and really enjoying the getting ready process for special occasions. Yesterday I went to my first ever high tea with a bunch of my high school girlfriends for a birthday within our group. An afternoon of endless pots of tea, mini sandwiches and scones with jam and cream at the prestigious C Restaurant on St Georges Terrace - count me in! So I thought for today I'd do a get ready with me style of post and show you what makeup and outfit I wore and how I did my hair, along with a few snaps of our afternoon.

Get Ready With Me - High Tea Afternoon | Cate Renée
Get Ready With Me - High Tea Afternoon | Cate Renée

MAKEUP
For my bases I started with Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer and then went in with my current favourite foundation, NARS Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc. I then took a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and covered up any dark circles or blemishes with the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 01 Fair and added some warmth and highlight with the Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Incandescent Strobe Light. For eyes I opted for the beautiful Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette using Divinity all over and up to brow bone, Cashew Chew over lid and Bordeaux blended through the crease. I wanted to create a little drama with a feline flick using my Maybelline Master Precise Liner and for lashes Maybelline Mega Plush & Lash Sensational Mascara. Then I continued to fill in my brows with the holy grail prow powder, MAC Charcoal Brown, and for lips Maybelline Colour Sensation Rebel Bloom in Blushing Bud & MAC Blankety.

HAIR
I haven't done very much with my hair lately other than throw it up in a pony tail or messy bun for work, but today I felt like giving my locks some well overdue TLC. A quick wash with the Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo and my colour was free of any brassy tones and my overgrown roots somewhat hidden. Then I use my favourite shampoo and conditioner, the Joico K-PAK To Repair Damage duo and once I'm out of the shower a quick towel dry, then I popped a bit of this leave-in conditioner on my ends. I wanted to have lots of volume and for that ran some Schwarzkopf Extra Care Push Up Volume Mousse through before blow drying my hair upside down - you should've seen how big my hair was afterwards LOL. Then I ran my curling wand over my hair to soften to volume and create loose, undone curls. Once fully cooled I gently brushed through the curls and finished with a light spritz of hairspray.

Get Ready With Me - High Tea Afternoon | Cate Renée

OUTFIT
I was more than aware of the classy dress code that often comes along with these types of events, and taking into account that the weather wasn't too flash I opted for a blouse and pants combo. I picked up this gorgeous off-the-shoulder white lace blouse from Valleygirl (similar here) last weekend when I was actually on the hunt for a new dress for this high tea. And for the bottoms I wore an old classic from my wardrobe, the Dotti paperbag pants that have lasted me years and seen me through many job interviews and swish events. Lastly for shoes I wanted to keep it relatively simple to coordinate with the black and white theme I was already sporting. These nude strappy stilettos (similar here) matched perfectly with my outfit and also my nail varnish, Maybelline Super Stay in Rose Poudre.

Get Ready With Me - High Tea Afternoon | Cate Renée
Get Ready With Me - High Tea Afternoon | Cate Renée
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig