Friday 10 June 2016

Empties & Reviews - Products I've Used Up

Empties & Reviews - Products I've Used Up | Cate Renée

That time has come around again where I seem to have used up a lot of products to which I have stashed away for this post for a little while now. Whilst I love using products up and scraping the last drop out of them, I hate having to repurchase those items again, especially the more pricier products. But I digress, here are a selection of makeup, skincare and other beauty bits that I've completely used up with a quick review on each and whether I'll be repurchasing them.

MAKEUP & HAIR
Since its release early last year, Maybelline's Lash Sensational Mascara has become one of my all-time favourite drugstore mascaras. I've always thought Maybelline mascaras were fabulous, but this one tops the lot of them. From the classic formulation, not too wet not too dry, to the slightly curled and fluffy bristle wand this mascara can do no wrong for me, and I've repurchased several since. Another new-ish release from Maybelline that I love love love, is the Brow Satin Duo. Available in what I believe is three different colours, the shade Dark Blonde is perfect for your fair blondes and brunettes who want a subtle but defined brow look. I tend to favour the nibbed end over the sponge applicator with pigment, but when used together they create a lovely natural look. Since I use one end more than the other I use up the product pretty quickly, but for the value and being a dupe for many higher end brow pencils/nibs I always repurchase it. Another favourite that I've always got a spare hidden away is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory. Perfect for concealing and brightening under eye circles and darkness, as well as redness and blemishes. Just a stock standard product in my beauty bag that I cannot live without. My one hair product I've used down to the last drop - I actually cut the bottle in half to scrap out the very last of it - is the Natural Look Australia Static Free Smooth Operator, which is basically a deliciously scented leave-in conditioner/frizz smoother.

SKINCARE & BODY
The Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel (not pictured) completely revolutionised my skincare routine. The beautiful gel consistency works into the skin, dissolving any makeup build-up until its becomes an oil-based cleanser. There are incredible ingredients in this product which do wonders for your complexion. I'd go as far to say that this is my favourite cleanser of all time, and when my skin is playing up at certain times of the month, I make sure I'm washing morning and night with this and all returns to normal within days. A few years ago I nabbed a sample of the Origins Mega-Mushroom Serum after a huge spending spree on Mecca online. Since then I cannot live without this saving-grace product in my skincare collection. It literally attacks any problem areas, whether a breakout, redness, or dryness and restores it to its former glory. I also adore that this is more of a natural based product rather than packed with chemicals. I'm pretty much a sucker for anything Origins. After falling in love with the Bioderma micellar water from my last trip to Paris, I soon realised that the friendly price tag wasn't so friendly down under. Cue the Garnier Micellar Water which is a fraction of the Australian price and the perfect drugstore dupe for Bioderma. It does the job well, removing 99% of all my eye makeup in two gentle swipes. I've already picked this product up again, but will definitely be getting my hands on some Bioderma when I visit Paris later this month. I'm on my very last dregs of my beloved Caudalie Beauty Elixir, which I'll be savouring for my long haul flights to the UK next week. I love the freshness of this facial mist which makes it perfect for traveling and refreshing your makeup on the go. This is also my go-to skincare product after a big night out when my skin needs a little TLC. I will certainly be repurchasing this when I'm able to get to a French Pharmacy in Paris on my travels, or from Cult Beauty when I'm at home. Lastly skincare/body wise I opened a mini version of the Fuji Green Tea Body Wash in my advent calendar last Christmas from The Body Shop - great value if you want to try any products out or love miniature versions. The freshness and spa-like scent of this gel is heavenly, and I'm in the market to pick up a full sized bottle. I don't have a single bad word to say about any of The Body Shop shower gels since I own seven of the damn things.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig