Sunday 15 May 2016

The Beauty Lover Tag

The Beauty Lover Tag | Cate Renée

On this cold autumnal afternoon I wasn't feeling entirely up to a serious blog post and so I browsed the web for something a little more chilled and laid back. Then I remembered that I hadn't done a tag post in such a long time, I feel like not many bloggers do these tag posts and videos anymore and that they're a bit old school now. But hey ho, I found a few questions for the Beauty Lover tag and that's just what I'm gonna answer for you today.

If you could have anyone in the world do your makeup who would it be?
I'm not expertly schooled in the world of famous makeup artists but if I had to choose it comes down to a tie between Charlotte Tilbury and Joyce Bonelli. I would love to have Charlotte paint my face with her own beautiful products and look all naturally bronzed and glowy. If you're a Kardashian fan then you will be no stranger to Joyce Bonelli, the personal makeup artist to the family and I mean who wouldn't want to have Kim Kardashian's contour on fleek for a day.

What's your top makeup tip?
When applying colour to your face either pick lips or eyes and stick to it. There's nothing worse than looking overdone with colour and if you keep it simple and only use colour in one of those areas, that feature will pop more and be the statement piece of your makeup. Think matte neutral eyes and a red lip or a purple smokey eye and nude lip. Remember it should be a balance, one or the other.

What one makeup item could you not live without?
For me it's gotta be any brow product I own. After a serious mishap during my earlier teen years I've now got naturally thin brows and love any sort of powder or pencil nib to fill them in with. My favourites include: MAC Charcoal Brown eyeshadow, Revlon Colour Stay Brow Maker and the Maybelline Brow Satin Duo

What one skincare item could you not live without?
Hello it's got to be the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel! Whenever my skin is playing up I get super strict with my routine and make sure I'm cleansing with this both morning and night. Plus if you've been on a big night out this doubles as the best makeup remover/dissolver and gives your skin a little life after drinking one too many cocktails.

What are you worst at when it comes to applying makeup?
Eyeliner, isn't it obvious? Although I do occasionally get the feline flick to actually flick evenly, it's the stress of applying it that gets to me and that's why I only ever wear black eyeliner when I'm not in a hurry to get out the door.

What's your biggest pet peeve when it comes to beauty?
I don't know if it's my biggest pet peeve, but it bothers me when people automatically think that if a product is priced low then the quality of it will be equally low, and vice versa. I have found so many drugstore items that I love and believe are of a much higher quality than some higher end products. A few of my beloved drugstore beauty brands include: NYX, Revlon, Rimmel, Clean & Clear, Barry M and Maybelline.

What's your favourite makeup era?
This one is a hard one because I love every beauty era individually for different reasons, but I think my favourite has to be the 1960s where we saw an introduction of thick false lashes, bubblegum pink cheeks and the feline flick that seemed to go on for days! Two of my favourite 1960s beauty icons are Audrey Hepburn and Twiggy.

What's your guilty pleasure product?
My biggest guilty pleasure when it comes to makeup has got to be lipstick, I'm a huge sucker! I would seriously say I have a problem when it comes to how many I actually own and the number although I do not know for sure, it must be edging on nearly 50. But as everyone has something they collect mine is lipsticks and I'm quite okay with that.

What's your underdog product?
My underdog beauty product has to be The Body Shop Honeymania Lip Balm! For me this tops it all when it comes to lip care products but I feel like I never see anyone talking about it. I swear by this product and it literally is never more than about a metre away from me. This lip balm is the ultimate handbag staple!

What's your favourite makeup product for 2016?
I am totally obsessed with the current liquid lipstick craze and recently I picked up two shades from the new Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour range from Target, which I'm actually writing an entire post about them next Sunday. So far they are my most favourite for colour pay off and longevity from any drugstore liquid lipsticks, and they aren't even that drying on the lips - big win!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig