Wednesday 11 May 2016

Evening Skincare Routine

Evening Skincare Routine | Cate Renée

By the time the afternoon rolls around and soon the evening there is nothing more I want to do than take all my makeup off and give my skin some good ol' TLC. But of course after a long day I'm usually pretty brain dead and my skincare routine needs to be quick and efficient but also get the job done. I've finally worked my regime down to a few simple steps with minimal products to get you closer to putting on your comfiest pyjamas and boiling that kettle.

First up I whip out my favourite bottle of Micellar Water from Garnier and with a few cotton pads gently swipe over my eyes to dissolve any mascara and eye makeup. Then with another pad I quickly remove any excess base makeup that is still left on my face after the day. Onto the cleansing step and at the moment I'm loving this super gentle cleanser from Cetaphil, which is perfect for sensitive skin, to give my face a good clean and further remove any product left over. After cleansing and massaging I pick up yet another cotton pad and drown it in the Pixi Glow Tonic to tone my skin and bring everything back to basics again. Next is my favourite step, serum time! I'm so very close to running out of my holy grail skincare item, the Origins Mega-Mushroom serum, so while I scrape the dregs out of that I also add a touch of The Body Shop Elderflower Unperfumed Eye Gel around my eye area. Lastly I love a thick night cream to hold everything together and give my skin a huge drink of hydration overnight, and the Neutrogena Naturals Nourishing Night Cream is a wonderful drugstore option compared to some higher end creams and lotions. If my skin is having one of those horrendous hormonal breakouts then after I apply my toner I pop on some of the Lush Mask of Magnaminty on specific problem areas, wait around 15 minutes before washing it off and continuing with my routine.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig