Sunday 4 October 2015

October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October: Breast Cancer Awareness Month | Cate Renée

As we head into a new month, I usually would have planned a monthly favourites post for September, but instead I thought I'd theme this post to match October's Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Cancer, a scary word for anyone, and something I don't doubt that someone you may know has been affected by. You yourself may have had your own experiences with cancer. But throughout October, my goal is to raise as much awareness about Breast Cancer as I can, and to tie in with this post, today I'm sharing a few of my favourite pink themed products and bits and bobs.

BEAUTY
As far as makeup goes, I'm generally a neutral kinda gal, but on the rare occasion I head on a Saturday night I love to go all out and add a hint of pink to my look, and my favourite way is to pop on some lippy. My current go-to's for pink lipstick are both from Rimmel, a favourite of mine for drugstore lipsticks, and include the Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Apocalyptic and Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 16. For a touch of colour on my cheeks I can't give MAC's Mineralize Blush in Dainty a miss for a sweep of pinky-golden shimmer. When it comes to nails you either love a super hot pink coat of Essie "Mod Square" or prefer a more toned down and natural French effect like Rimmel 60 Seconds Super Shine in Lose Your Lingerie. Pink nails are a must for me this month! I'll use any excuse to slap some bubblegum pink onto my nails for a pop of colour. Now I don't know about you, but I love having a little pamper session on the weekend, and lathering up in the shower or the bath. If you're a fan of sweet, champagne scents then you'll love this shower gel from Bath & Body Works, and a similar scent for the bath is my all time favourite bath product from Lush, The Comforter Bubble Bar. After a deep soak and my skin resembling something like a prune, I re-hydrate my skin with a thick coating of The Righteous Butter from Soap & Glory.

OTHER 
If you haven't heard of Real Techniques makeup brushes by now, you must have been living under a rock for the past few years. These are some of my favourite brushes which apply makeup so beautifully, and wash up a treat. As for hair, recently my old straightener kicked the bucket, leaving me in dire need for a replacement, to which my hairdresser picked up the amazing Diva MKII for me! And my last pink themed product is something I never leave the house without, hand sanitiser! This delicious scent not only keeps my hands feeling clean and fresh, but also has my work colleagues asking what I'm perfume wearing.

You can join in the awareness this month by posting a picture of your bra strap on social media with the hashtag #showyourstrap or donate to the National Breast Cancer Foundation.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig