Wednesday 9 September 2015

A Handful Of My Current Favourites

A Handful Of My Current Favourites | Cate Renée

Woohoo! Since I've been lacking in monthly roundup posts this year, I thought I'd throw a bunch of my current favourite products and bits and bobs in a post altogether. As for the past few months, I've been trying out a whole bunch of new products, and for the most part, love them all. I'm now heading into the last few weeks of my schooling life, and right now am a little unsure of how much content I'll be posting. Although I do try to be the organised blogger I like to think I am, and have scheduled posts prepared, I can't promise anything. But what I can promise to you is that after all this kerfuffle is over, this space will be having a wee makeover and polish up, and even more so in the new year.

MAYBELLINE LASH SENSATIONAL MASCARA
Okay, I caved. I've finally giving into the hype of this mascara, and boy am I glad I did. This has the perfect formulation that the majority of the Maybelline mascaras have, and the curvature of the brush really helps to lengthen and define you lashes. And of course no clumps! This has certainly overtaken my top-of-the-pyramid love for The Falsies!

BY TERRY OMBRE BLACKSTAR IN MISTY ROCK 
So a few weeks ago I just happened to find myself having a browse around my local Mecca store, as you do, and stumbled across the beautiful collection that are the By Terry Ombre Blackstar cream eyeshadows. With so many exquisite colours to choose from, I picked up the lucky last one of the Misty Rock shade, a lovely bronzey mauve that has the staying power of super glue! Perfect for the green and brown eyed girls looking to rock it out on the town.

REAL TECHNIQUES SETTING BRUSH
Now although I've had this little beauty for quite some while, I've only ever used it for swooshing powder around my face and under my eyes. After recently watching a video from Lily Pebbles, and how she explained her use of the brush for concealer, I thought I'd give it a go. Not only is it the perfect size to get all up close and personal, the bristles blend products so perfectly into the skin. Which comes to my point that you shouldn't just stick to what the brush says, but rather experiment and have fun!

RIMMEL X RITA ORA NAIL POLISH IN TANGERINE TENT & GLASTONBERRY | 
Spring has finally rolled around and so has the hot weather, yippee! As the past few weeks have substantially started to heat up, I thought it was about time my nails did too, and that's when I snagged up these two from one of my favourite drugstore brand collaborations, Rimmel London and Rita Ora. These two colours are the perfect companion to this seasons little white dress and a pair of brown strappy sandals.

PALMER'S COCOA BUTTER FORMULA CONCENTRATED CREAM
Last weekend I begin to pack away my winter jammies, and dust off my summer shorts and tanks, but my skin too needed a little bringing back to life with an shot of moisture. I generally love anything from the Palmer's range of products - the lip balm is amazing for chapped lips - and the skin of my elbows and knees have really suffered throughout winter. After only two days of use, my skin was no longer dry and dehydrated, and was brought back to life and is super smooth.

RUBI SHOES MOSS SANDALS
Not too long ago you would find me stealing my little sister's white versions of these sandals almost every weekend, but for the upcoming season, I not only was in desperate need for a new pair of brown sandals but I also needed a pair of my own, so my sister could have her own back. Whilst they aren't the most comfortable of things, they are super cute and look amazing with coral toe polish!

ADULT COLOURING-IN BOOKS
Don't try to hide it, we all enjoy a little colouring-in every now and again for a reminder of how good life was when we were younger, but adult versions have totally become the latest craze! I recently discovered colouring to be quite relaxing and a good distraction from exam studying. My Mum more so than anything in my family, has totally jumped on board a picked up a few really cool designed books; Indian summer, Parisian theme, and a few nature orientated books.

FINDING CARTER 
With the summer finale of Pretty Little Liars now over, I found myself a little lost and in search for a new guilty pleasure... queue Finding Carter. The show follows the life of Carter Stevens, who abducted at a young age, is reunited with her biological family. She struggles with the usual teenager issues; love, drugs, and of course, running away with her abducted mum, Lori. I've never seen a show with such depth for only a teen audience. A definite must watch if you find yourself with a whole day and nothing to do!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig