Sunday 14 June 2015

Get Ready With Me - Prom Preparation

Prom Preparation | Cate Renée

After my slight absence over the exam break, I'm back this chilly Sunday evening with a brand new post for y'all! With just under two weeks until my school formal, a list of beauty remedies and preparation was in order ahead of the big day. Whilst I'll admit I've been insanely organised for the ball - I bought the damn dress last year, and booked my hair and makeup quite a few months ago - I have in fact left a few things until the last minute; purchasing a matching clutch, the debate between false and natural nails, and the dreaded few kilograms I probably should've attempted to shred a month or so ago. That aside, I've began to organise myself and get a few things in order.

SHAKE UP YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE
If you're anything like me, then there I'm sure you've gone through the "I can't be bothered" phase of your skincare routine. Well, in the weeks leading up to your ball or prom you'll want to totally turn that situation around. I for one have whipped out my Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush, and have been pairing it up with my new holy grail cleanser, Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Another skin saviour for me lately has been Lush's Mask Of Magnaminty fresh face and body mask, which has worked wonders on a mini chest breakout.

AVOID HEAT & OTHER HAIR PRODUCTS 
So you've scoured through every hair inspo board on Pinterest and finally found the perfect style. Presumably, this do will require the use of heated styling tools, a tonne of hairspray, and about a bazillion bobby pins, which leads to my point of avoiding heat and other styling products prior to the big day. My rescue styles for a more natural approach has got to be voluminous buns and messy bohemian braids, that are so effortlessly chic that you won't mind shying away from your beloved blow dryer for a few weeks.

SCRUB... HEAD-TO-TOE
Picture this, two days before my year ten dinner dance, I'd booked my first ever spray tan. Mum had dropped me off with a sort-of new friend and waited for me outside the shop, where I proceeded to strip off and wait in anticipation. The lady claimed she'd use the "lightest shade" on me. Anyways it's safe to say eight hours later my "tan" resembled the shade of a Terry's Choc Orange, and I was horrified. This time around I opted out of a spray tan and instead have stuck to my trusty bottle of Dove Summer Glow that I've used for many years, but if you do find yourself looking like an extra from the Oompa Loompa scene in Willy Wonka then grab yourself a pair of exfoliating gloves and moisturising body wash and scrub away! Whilst we're on the topic of scrubbing, this lip scrub has become my best friend lately as the cooler, windier weather has seem to won a battle with my lips, leaving them dry, cracked, and flaky. And to follow this up, I've fallen in love with the Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil from Burt's Bees.

GIVE YOU NAILS SOME LOVIN'
I have yet to decide whether or not to get a professional manicure before the ball, so I'm currently leaning towards an at home job. My nails are usually quite strong and pretty lengthy, but currently seem to be a little more on the brittle sides of things. To combat this brittleness I've added a bottle of the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Hardener to my shopping list. I've also tried to lay off the polish for a few weeks in order to get my nails looking tip-top for the big day, leaving me with the task of finding a shade that subtly matches the colour of my dress- I'm thinking something along the lines of Essie "Sugar Daddy" with silver glittery tips.

EAT CLEANER & DRINK MORE WATER 
Something I should've been more on the ball about months ago, but a chaotic month and two weeks of exams led to several trips to Krispy Kreme, nevertheless as of this week I've been back on the healthy bandwagon, and cooking up some delicious healthy treats and gone crazy on the green juice front. Did your mother always nag you to drink more water when you were growing up, me too. This is one of those old wives tales that is actually true, the more water I drink on a regular basis, the healthier my body and mind is and the clearer my skin is.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig