Sunday 6 July 2014

Pamper Evenings

Pamper Evenings | Cate Renée

We all love a bit of pampering every now and again, and I am no exception to that. I love nothing more than to listen to some soothing music whilst enjoying a bubble bath, painting my nails, and relaxing in a face mask. To me that screams heaven! Today's post is my pampering routine that I enjoy once or twice a week. I like to ensure that very single inch of my body has been thoroughly retreated, from head to toe and everything in between. Last Saturday night I treated myself to a relaxing evening after working a manic 8.30-5pm retail shift. 

Firstly, I like to take the days makeup off with my Bioderma solution on a few cotton pads, and then cleanse my face with the Clean & Clear Deep Action Daily Scrub. Next I apply one of my favourite face masks, the Formula 10.0.06 Keep Your Cool Breakout Mask which becomes my new best friend for when those pesky little breakouts arise. 


So while I wait for the tub to fill (to the brim), I select my playlist full of relaxing melodies and soothing sounds. I've found that relaxingrecords on YouTube has some great mixes- also check out their study playlists, and if you want to get even tech-ier on me, download the app, Relax M. HD from the App Store and customise the sounds to what calm you. Another relaxation essential is of course, candles! My favourites are the latest to my collection, the MOR Sugar Rose Tiger Lily and Petite Marshmallow soy candle. Now whilst you're waiting for the water to overflow, I feel it is important to stay hydrated and always have food in arms reach. Tonight I'm going for the trusty English breakfast tea and a biscuit or two, for dunking purposes.

So now that the bath is almost filled, I've popped in a Lush Creamy Candy Bubble Bar that smells like a candy addicts dream, which has managed to turn my tub into a ginormous bubble bath. A little scrubby thing, that just might potentially make it into my July favourites is the Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub. Imagine crunched up candy cane and sugar crystals that are also edible, so once you scrub you can go ahead and lick it all off! Immediately after I treat my lips to a lovely thick lathering of Lucas' Papaw Ointment - my holy grail product for everything!

And after a long relaxing bath, the steaming water sends me looking beyond the "prune" stage. I like to re-hydrate my skin with a thick lathering of The Body Shop's Cranberry Joy Body Butter - creamy and a heavenly scent. Unfortunately this was apart of last Christmas' limited edition range, but there are hundreds of other scented body butters. 

As for hair, my favourite holy grail product that I do use literally everyday is the Natural Look by Australia Static Free Smooth Operator, which helps maintain and seal split ends and damaged hair. After I comb through with an afro comb, I then style my hair into a messy bun with a scrunchie- less damaging to wet hair than a normal elastic. I like to apply a thick layer of moisturiser before bed and let it soak into my skin, tonight I used my favourite Clean & Clear Essentials MoisturiserAnd of course what's a pamper night without a bit of nail polish, tonight I'm painting my tootsies with Covergirl's GO GO Mango, which is mentioned in my previous monthly favourites (here).

Last but not least, the best thing to do after an evening of pampering... putting your comfiest pyjamas and snuggling into bed!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig