Sunday 1 June 2014

My Bacon, Mushroom & Celery Creamy Pasta

Hello my lovely little voguettes, exams are almost upon us, and all I feel like is comfort food. I rely on my favourite-feel-good recipes throughout winter and even more so during those stressful times. Here is the recipe to a self-created little piece of heaven... my bacon, mushroom and celery pasta! 

My Bacon, Mushroom & Celery Creamy Pasta | Cate Renée

INGREDIENTS
5 mushrooms, chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
3 rashers of bacon, chopped
1 cup pasta, spiral or penne
Sprig of parsley, preferably flat leaf, finely chopped
Handful of parmesan cheese
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, I use about 3 tablespoons
Cornflour, to thicken sauce
Pepper
Mixed herbs, optional

METHOD
Boil water with generous amount of salt- my year nine cooking teacher always said it "flavours" the pasta. Add pasta once boiled.
Chop all dry ingredients and fry off bacon with garlic.

CREAMY SAUCE
Add milk and butter to separate saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring continuously. Add desired amount of pepper and parmesan cheese, leave on low heat. Add both pasta and dry ingredients to creamy sauce and add mixed herbs and cornflour to thicken sauce- I usually add a crap load of pepper now. Stir until sauce thickens and serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and parsley... more plus pepper!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig