Monday 26 June 2017

The June Makeup Menu

Lord it's been a minute since I've shared a monthly makeup menu but that's mostly due to the fact I've hardly been wearing any except on the weekends and since I'm quite the granny, I usually stay in and binge watch Netflix with my cat. But I've actually a few events over the next couple of weekends that require me to leave to the house and be in the presence of other people. Here's my minimal makeup menu with the one item that can take you from day to night when you're a granny at the best of times.
 
The June Makeup Menu | Cate Renée

BASE
Keeping it simple and paired back with a small amount of Max Factor All Day Facefinity Primer with Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in 150 Buff and L'Oreal True Match Concealer in Vanilla. I've been blending these into the skin with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to keep my skin looking clean and fresh. Mixing a tiny bit of powder with Soap & Glory Solar Powder around the outside of my face and down onto the neck and chest to even out how white I am. Lastly adding a small pop of colour with Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in Lavish Mauve.

EYES
As much as I love a bold, dramatic eye, I usually can't be bothered and am in such a hurry that I opt for a neutral, matte colour and apply all over the lid. Sometimes I'll blend a slightly darker shade in the crease and under the eye. Today I went for the shade Mocha from the Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Palette but some days I'll just sweep what's left on my bronzer brush across my eyelid. And to top it off I've been add a few lashings of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. Brows are the same as always, Maybelline Brow Satin Duo in Medium Brown.

LIPS
Here it is, the one item I promised with make you look the opposite of granny... a bright lip! This is my secret for when I'm either feeling ultra lazy or in a hurry with my makeup application. Keep your whole face simple and paired back and then go in of the bright lippy. People will honestly think you've made such an effort when you really haven't at all. My current favourite bright shades are Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lipstick in Central Park and NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig