Friday 16 June 2017

Beauty Bits & Tips For When You're Feeling Poorly

Beauty Bits & Tips For When You're Feeling Poorly | Cate Renée

Last weekend I fell ill with a boring, but nasty head cold - you know the kind where your nose doesn't stopping dripping? For the most part I spent Friday night, Saturday and Sunday lounging around, scrolling through ASOS and laying in bed watching season one of Downton Abbey. But it got me thinking, as much as I love to take any opportunity to lay around, be a slob and binge watch Netflix, does it really make me feel better? This short answer is no. So I decided to pick myself up; I finally washed my hair (since it'd been almost a week), even shaved my legs, slapped on a face mask and painted my toes. If there's one thing I hate when I'm feeling shitty it's wearing makeup but I had to go out and purchase a gift for a friends birthday so I went for the absolute bare minimum. I've compiled a small list of things and what I do to feel good when I'm not feeling so good.

Shower. You'll feel like a million times better. I'd left it two days without a shower and many more without washing my hair. As hard as it is as, soon as you're under the hot stream of cleansing water you're sinuses with open up, clear themselves and leave you feeling a little more alive. I heard once if you throw a piece of lemon into the bottom of the shower it's supposed to do wonders for your energy levels. Another tip is to end you shower with cold water which I find helps me to fully wake up.

Or don't. Enjoy half a day to yourself wrapped up in a duvet with an old movie you love and can practically recite - I say this because if you accidentally fall asleep then you won't be annoyed that you've missed out on half the movie.

I don't know about you but when I'm feeling under the weather my lips are extremely dry! Like Sahara Desert dry. And there's only one thing I trust to soothe them, the magical Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. This stuff is the bee's knee's and will have your lips feeling smooth and less cracked in a matter of hours. I'm not too crazy about the hospital scent but a lovely reader has informed me you can now purchase a fragrance-free version which I'll be sure to pick up next time.

Drink all the water. Upping your intake, something I'm useless at but swear by, really is a quick fix for feeling better and you're insides with thank you, especially your skin. Drink as much as you can and throw in a Cold & Flu tablet every couple of hours. I'm horrid at trying to drink eight glasses a day but I find drinking sparkling water with a wedge of lemon or lime makes it seems a bit more like a treat rather than a chore.

Like I mentioned above, a little bit of makeup is also a great way to mask your cold and make you feel a little more put together and not so much like a slob. My go-to products for the bare minimum include: a good moisturiser, concealer - I'm using L'Oreal True Match in Vanilla - mascara, brows and a little colour on the lips - something like the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colour in Flirtation or Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lipstick in Happily Ever After.
Share:

4 comments

  1. I hope you're feeling better now! When I'm really poorly, I tend to forego the makeup, however when I start feeling better its nice to wear a little bit just to perk yourself up a bit! xx

    www.natalieleanne.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am now thank you, still a bit snuffly but on the mend! xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, I was sick a couple of weeks ago and also found sleep and water helped :)Hope your feeling better!

    junerobin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thanks! Water is a life saviour or at least a couple cups of tea x

      Delete

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig