Monday 1 May 2017

April Favourites

It's April favourites time and I know I continue to say this time and time again, but I just can't believe another month has whizzed by and now it's the first of May for crying out loud! I also know I've been a little M.I.A on the blog recently - aside from my edit of nude lipsticks last week - and that's party due to feeling really uninspired with my blog photography which seems to have resulted in no blog posts. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, because I have and you're in for a treat this month, it's just when it comes time to snap a photo for my post I turn up empty in the creativity department. That aside here's my list of April favourites including a concert to remember, new TV series and one beautiful pastel nail polish.

April Favourites | Cate Renée

BEAUTY
I've been testing out a wide range of new beauty products lately and have absolutely fallen head over heels for some of them. I picked up the Pixi + Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse duo when my skin was crying out for help and have been using it throughout most of the month. Seeing as it doubles as a makeup remover and a face cleanser it's perfect for overnight stays and travelling. Step one consists of a solid cleansing oil similar to coconut oil which magically dissolves makeup, even the most stubborn liquid lipsticks. I love this half the most as my eyes are usually very sensitive to products, but not this one I can smoosh it all over my face and eye area without it stinging. My other skin saviour is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. At first I was repulsed by the hospital-like medicinal scent but once I overcame that it became an every day essential. I tend to mostly use this as a lip balm, on it's own or over lip liners and matte lipstick, and also as a salve on dry patches. This stuff honestly works wonders and is something I see myself continuing to use for many years to come. Finally that pastel polish I was speaking of earlier. Some time last year Barry M quietly snuck its way onto the shelves of Big W and ever since I've been a convert. Slowly building up my collection and replacing old Essie shades (these are a fraction of the price too!), I recently added this lovely baby pink called Rose Hip and a pale mint green, Sugar Apple. For the value you can't knock it's formulation and the extensive range of colours on offer. Last beauty favourite was a lipstick I picked up a few weeks back, Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Teak Rose. This browny pink, almost berry toned lipstick is easily buildable, perfect for day to night wear.

LIFE
Last month one of my oldest girlfriends and I went to the Dixie Chicks concert at Perth Arena and sang our little hearts out. A childhood favourite for both of us, I picked up tickets for her birthday last November and knew we'd have the time of our (nine-year-old selves) lives. Needless to say the night was equally mesmerising as it was spiritual and powerful. I love everything these ladies stand for and hope one day if I'm lucky enough to have girls of my own that they have some cool ladies to look up to like I do with the Dixie Chicks. The latest TV series to hit Netflix is Girlboss. All about the "making" of Sophia Amoruso's Nasty Gal empire, based on her best-selling autobiography #Girlboss. I say "making" because at the beginning of every episode it clearly states it's looooosely based on real life events. Plus Britt Robertson in that 1970's East West calfskin motorcycle jacket... HOT. Finally, my new love that is Instagram Stories. Follow me @itscaterenee for all my antics through a pretty filter - mostly just my crazy cat and delicious food.

So that's it. I've waffled on for ages now and I'll do my best to shut up quickly. I just wanted to quickly add that I'm a bit fed up with monthly favourites post at the moment and am thinking of switching things up. Instead of a post each month I might just tweet about it or post to my Facebook page the things I'm loving and doing. I feel like I'm starting to force these posts and they've become a tad repetitive. Plus I've got a stack of other topics and posts I want to write about and share. I'm always opened to new suggestions and ideas so feel free to hit me up.
Share:

2 comments

  1. I really want to try the Pixi + Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse duo, it just sounds really lovely and I haven't thought of it, but it looks very travel friendly indeed! I love the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream as well and I also mostly use it as a lip balm! If you don't like its scent, I highly suggest you purchase the fragrance free version next time you run out of it, it is just as effective as the original! Lovely post :)

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I didn't know there was a fragrance free version. I will look into that. I couldn't recommend the double cleanse more! X

      Delete

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig