Sunday 19 March 2017

How To Become An Organised & Tidy Person

I've got a confession to make, I lurveeee to clean. I'm not just talking about a quick tidy-up here and there, but something on a much larger scale - it's an everyday thing. I'm aware of how bonkers I sound but this gene was in fact inherited from my Mum who also loves all things organisation and even a good wardrobe purge from time to time. I'm also someone who, for the most part, is an organised person - I like to know what's going on, when, where, how etc. Today I'm sharing with you my four tips on how I became more organised and tidy, and so if you're in need of some serious motivation or a kick up the ass then keep on reading.

How To Become An Organised & Tidy Person | Cate Renée

Go to sleep in a clean and organised environment. They say a tidy space is a tidy mind and not only does this apply to your work life but I also believe it can be applied to your bedroom and home. Before I go to sleep I like to make sure there's no clutter lying around, that my pillows are stacked on one side of the bed, wardrobe doors are closed - anyone can't sleep with open doors? It's just a few things that help me relax and feel like my environment is ready for when I go to sleep. I wouldn't spend more than 5-10 minutes each day but that beats an hour or more to do if I just left it all to the weekends.

Leading on from the tip above I find that if I lay out tomorrow's clothes the night before that I sleep more peacefully knowing I won't be stressing about what to wear in the morning. If you're someone like me who hates last minute plans or changes and has a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes then this tip will save you from the potential meltdowns that follow "I have nothing to wear". I either pop my outfit at the front of my wardrobe, neatly fold it on a table or place it on the floor. I promise you'll wake up stress free, be able to throw your outfit on and have more time for the important things like breakfast!

Another tip from my Mum is to give everything a home or if it doesn't have a home consider whether you really need it. My Mum strongly believes that everything has a home and a purpose and if they don't or you can't justify their place, then it's onto the next home or in the trash. While I'm not as brutal as she is - I can be very sentimental at times - I still follow this tip and can say everything in my room has a home. If you can't find a place for an item then what I tend to do is pass it on to a friend, donate the item or throw it away. I like to think that my trash could be someone else's treasure.

One of my New Year resolutions was to keep a daily to-do list or weekly diary which I am so proud of the fact I am still going strong and it's almost April! As I mentioned before, I like to keep on top of things and know what's going on during the week and that's why I will continue to use my weekly diary. I also find a daily to-do list helps me identify what tasks are super important and what can be pushed onto the next day. This awesome lady does some incredible free organisational printables and I always use these when I want to get shit done. But of course if you have a browse through Pinterest I'm sure you'll be able to find many others.

Hopefully these four tips can help you as much as they did me and motivate you to become a more tidy and organised person.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig