Sunday 29 January 2017

New Skincare Bits

New Skincare Bits | Cate Renée

Skincare is my guilty pleasure and I am terrible at trying to refrain from picking up a few new bits every now and again. I received a gift card for Mecca for Christmas and combined with my 24 Happy Days Advent Calendar, I seemed to have racked up a little stash of new skincare products that I'm bloody loving. And since I'm also terrible at remembering to repurchase my favourite items, I must really get onto myself about reordering my holy grail cleanser, the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel which I can only describe as magic for the skin.

Last Christmas was my second year of having one of The Body Shop's advent calendars - they are my favourite and much more exciting and expensive than chocolate. But that said they are perfect for trying out new products and having travel size mini's on hand. The Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover does exactly what the bottle says, gently removes eye-makeup, although it states it use for just eyes I think this is sufficient enough to be used all over the face. I'd never tested anything from the Oils Of Life range before but the Intensely Rivitalising Sleeping Cream is so beautiful that it's made me want to buy the full sized version (I'm sorry bank account) and purchase some of their other items from that range. I guess you could call this a luxurious serum which is my saviour for dry patches and giving you a healthy complexion. The last thing from The Body Shop was actually a gift from my Mum since I couldn't stop raving about how heavenly the Vanilla Chai bits and bobs were throughout December. I've never really been one for the body butters on offer but with summer here and my new love for faux tanning the Vanilla Chai Softening Body Butter injects that extra bit of hydration back into my skin and leaves me smelling like a chai latte - what more could you want?!

With my Mecca gift voucher I picked up a mini Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover and Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask as well as a new tanning mitt and some other samples. I've been wanting to explore some different skincare brands and products to try out this year and Clinique and Origins seem to have quite a lot of positive brand feedback. I love scouting for new things via bloggers and vloggers on social media and I'd heard such good things about both the makeup remover and charcoal mask which I can happily report that I'm enjoying using them both.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig