Wednesday 26 October 2016

Hair Colour Change & Current Styling Routine

Hair Colour Change & Current Styling Routine | Cate Renée
Hair Colour Change & Current Styling Routine | Cate Renée

There comes a time every now and then when I really feel like changing up my look. Last year I decided it was off with my locks and sported a choppy blonde bob and in previous years have even experimented with being brunette. I would say I'm not exactly attached to my hair but I do certainly love it. Recently I was feeling another hair change up but still wanted to keep my blonde colour. As much hair grows so much faster in the warmer weather and with summer rapidly approaching, my regrowth was becoming harder to conceal and maintain. And so I had a quick scroll through Pinterest and my hair themed board browsing ideas of what I could do - ideally I wanted something easy to maintain and to keep the length my hair already was. The whole "lived in" ombré hair trend kept popping up and I loved how relaxed and beachy it looked, perfect for summer! I actually don't mind going a little darker in summer as my hair is naturally lightened from the sun and to be lighter in the winter. My hairdresser is a saint and I pretty much gave her free reign over what to do and how to go about it. She colour matched my roots to a warm light brown and applied it all over, and then hand painted the blonde to blend with the brown.

Hair Colour Change & Current Styling Routine | Cate Renée
Hair Colour Change & Current Styling Routine | Cate Renée

I'm not quite two weeks into my colour and its still looking super fresh and clean, but my hair is susceptible to the odd brassy tone here and there so when it does I use my Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Toning Shampoo to bring the ashy tones back to life. I'm also using coconut oil once a week to smooth my frizzy bits out and what a difference that has made! I love using natures products on my hair. Otherwise I'm still alternating between my Joico K-PAK to Repair Damage Shampoo and Conditioner and The Body Shop's Banana duo. And on the days I'm not washing my hair I'm loving the CO LAB Rio Dry Shampoo as well as the Schwarzkopf Push Up Volume Mousse to create some volume in my very flat, fine hair before blow drying. As for my current styling routine I've been wearing my hair in big, voluminous curls - I feel its my true Carrie Bradshaw calling - or leaving it to air dry.

Hair Colour Change & Current Styling Routine | Cate Renée
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig