Sunday 4 September 2016

August Favourites

August Favourites | Cate Renée

Finally, I'm pleased to report that I'm back into the swing of things since returning from my crazy trip around Europe and Dubai. The reality of everyday life and work was a big shock to the system but one that I am slowly taking to as well as my sleeping patterns which now resemble an average 19 year-old rather than a teething infant. Still working on the healthier eating and drinking more H2O part but when am I not? - yes I am a woman who needs to eat an entire block of Cadbury's Black Forest in one evening at certain times of the month. I can't believe I'm even saying this but we are officially in Spring and one more season closer to the summer time and Christmas! Anyways we all know how monthly favourites work around here right?! So now I'll get on with the part where I blurt out all the bits and bobs I've been loving and obsessing over in the past month.

NYX BUTTER GLOSS IN CREME BRULEE
Since starting my new job, one that allows me to be bare faced and wear zero makeup, I've become super slack when it comes time for me to go out and slap a bit on. So recently I've been opting for a more simple and natural look - insert this buttery pinky nude gloss that is the definition of "you lips but better" and is also petite enough to carry around in your purse for those on-the-go touch-ups after a big greasy feed of burgers and chips - which I've certainly overindulged in lately.

ZOEVA 317 WING LINER BRUSH
A few weeks ago I found myself watching a Pixiwoo makeup tutorial in which Sam fills in her brows using soap, yes soap you read that correct. I too have now incorporated this into my brow routine along with this beautifully crafted angled brush from Zoeva. Perfect for definition and creating precise individual hair-like brush strokes, this brush may have taken place of my beloved MAC 266. Combined with my favourite matte eyeshadow - MAC Charcoal Brown - the two work miracles on my semi-grown out brows.

THE BODY SHOP PINITA COLADA SHOWER GEL
Okay, this product is literal sex in a bottle. Possibly the most divine shower gel scent my nose has ever come across - a tropical blend of my favourite holiday cocktail: coconut and pineapple, wash yourself with a dollop of this and you'll be feeling as fresh as a daisy and attracting all the pina colada lovers out there. Whilst I did buy this from a limited edition UK range I've certainly got all my fingers and toes crossed that it will be stocked down under for the summer season, and I will indeed run my local store dry!

ZOELLA BEAUTY BLISSFUL MISTFUL
Since her original Zoella Beauty launch I have been desperate to get my hands on some of Zoe's heavenly creations, but sadly they weren't easily available in Australia unless purchased via Feel Unique. So it became my mission to pick up what I could when I visited the UK back in June but the Superdrug I had shopped at was very limited in stock. Now home again a few odds and sods are popping up in Target and I picked up this refreshing body mist from her first collection. Dreaming of warmer weather this fragrance is super refreshing with a subtle hint of citrus which has me feeling fabulous and ready for summer.

ORAL B VITALITY PRECISION CLEAN ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH
A different kind of beauty favourite but one that is still classified nonetheless. I've been on the hunt for a decent yet inexpensive electric toothbrush for quite some time now - no I didn't feel a hefty $299 was worth it for my pearly whites. Fast forward to when my Mum and I were doing the weekly food shop and we spotted this for a bargain at $25. It does the job well and with a built-in timer this was the perfect answer to my prayers.

IN A DARK DARK WOOD BY RUTH WARE
I'm not usually one for anything other than a romance novel these days but my Mum had me convinced I'd enjoy this crime thriller story. Full of suspense and a weekend hen's do in the forest where everything that can go wrong does. I won't give away anything as I've got a full review coming up in a post planned for early next month, but what I will say is that this is one gripping page turner.

THE EM RUSCIANO RADIO SHOW
Ahh the one and only Em Rusciano; queen of the gays, glitter and telling it like it is - it being life as a mummy and funny lady. Now broadcasted around the country every Sunday, the Em Rusciano Radio Show is your weekly dose of woiyne toiyme, all 'round laughter and therapy session with Em, her co-host friends and Dr. Trav. So if you're in need of a laugh or to be reminded that you're just as human as everyone else then I present to you a cocktail in the form of this radio show.

PINTEREST (@itscaterenee)
In case you don't follow me on Pinterest or haven't scrolled through your dashboard in a while, I'm hear to tell you that I've got a problem, I am totally and completely in love with pinning! Not that I haven't always loved a bit of Pinterest time out but recently I've been in a bit of a creative slump and this has been my dying saviour. Follow me here to see what all this fuss is about plus the latest makeup trends and products and the hottest foods on the menu for a healthy, Instagram-able breakfast.

There you have it my people the August monthly roundup of my favourite beauty and lifestyle bits plus a few extras. And since I've been feeling super organised and have the whole "spring cleaning in every aspect of life" thing down, I'm going to give it a go at uploading content four times a week. You can now hopefully expect to hear from me every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday at 6pm AWST. Anyone taking bets on how long I'll last? Haha. So let's just enjoy this moment of blogging sweetness and ride the organisation wave for a while.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig