Friday 20 May 2016

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colours

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colours | Cate Renée

The liquid lipstick is having a real stand out moment and I for one have willingly jumped on that bandwagon with full speed. A glorious mix of lip gloss and matte lipstick, both drugstore and high end makeup brands have all seemed to release their own versions of this new beauty craze. Revlon recently brought out their Ultra HD Matte Lip Colours and these are by far my favourite formulation from a drugstore company. The colour pay off is insane and from the four shades I've picked up, the pigment is super long lasting so much so that I ate a stack of chocolate chip pancakes and a bowl of oily tomato pasta and did not have to reapply! I guess these almost work as a lip stain and I am beyond impressed with the longevity, especially for a drugstore product with great value. 

We all know that liquid lipsticks or matte lipsticks are known to be drying on the lips, but I have to say Revlon's version feel pretty comfortable to wear throughout the day and leave more of a velvety finish rather than a super drying matte look. The scent smells incredible and reminds me of something tropical and watermelon-like. I'm also taking into count how beautiful and sleek the packaging of these are and I'm obsessed with the frosted/matte texture of them too! I'm secretly a huge fan of shade names - I've always believed I could work in the beauty industry as a shade namer - is that even a thing?! The collection includes eight colours that range from pinky nudes to more brighter reds and berry tones, and I desperately want to pick up a few more, especially the shade Temptation. 

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colours | Cate Renée
L-R: Devotion, Flirtation, Obsession & Love

Devotion is more of a deeper pink shade and I'm loving it for autumn. I've really been grabbing for this colour when I want something simple to match my more casual weekend attires but still desire a touch of colour on the lips. This is quite a universal shade and would look dreamy on all skin tones. Flirtation is a gorgeous muted peachy colour that looks beautiful if you're wanting something in between a nude and a bold coral. This really looks lovely on my pale skin and brings out the green in my eyes. I can't wait to wear this colour more in the spring and summer time when I can pair it with a white dress or cute playsuit and denim jacket. Obsession is the amazingly bold and bright hot pink that screams fun. I love to wear a statement pink when I'm feeling a little more on the drab side of life, and a slap of this is my favourite for a girls night out on the town. Love is a pretty orange based red and is my new staple for when it comes to a red lip. Since the shade features more orange rather than blue undertones it makes for the perfect summery alternatively to a wintery red, and will be packed into my beauty bag for my upcoming holiday next month.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig