Wednesday 25 May 2016

How To Style Metallic Brogues

How To Style Metallic Brogues | Cate Renée

Roughly a year ago I placed an ASOS order full of new shoes for a new job that I no longer have. To cut a long story short, the fashion retailer I used to work for was all about style and put an emphasis on it's employees to look on trend and deliver cool fashion quirkiness to it's customers. Cue a pair of fantastically sparkly metallic brogues that I have never worn up until recently. These certainly were an impulse buy at the time, but I knew at some point I would get them out from the back of my closet, even if they were never worn to work. Flash forward to the current autumn/winter fashion season where metallic vibes have seemed to pop up everywhere and more importantly all over the hottest runway shows. Now I'm totally giving myself all the credit of being ahead of the times and a total trend setter - hey Mum remember when you thought those shoes were hideous, well look who's laughing now?! But the real question on everyone's mind is how can you incorporate these futuristic brogues into your everyday style? As these are the statement piece in any outfit, you'll want the rest of your ensemble to compliment them. Think bold block colours, distressed denim and subtle, monochrome prints. Here are just a few ideas to get you started...

OUTFIT COMBO'S
  • Slogan t-shirt + ripped boyfriend jeans + velvet choker + cat eye sunglasses
  • Bold coloured co-ord + tuxedo blazer + chunky sports watch + orange lip
  • Oversized roll neck sweater + printed cigarette trousers + fashion frames
  • Striped A-line dress + denim jacket + woolly beanie + backpack + red lip
  • Plain bodysuit + high-waisted skinny jeans + pink bomber jacket + top knot
Share:

2 comments

  1. Cool ideas! I'd def pair those with a bomber jacket and cropped high waisted jeans. I love finding new ways to wear my favorite items!

    MY LATEST POST
    bloglovin
    Instagram


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm obsessed with bomber jackets at the moment too :)

      Delete

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig