Friday 29 April 2016

April Favourites

April Favourites | Cate Renée

When I finally sat down to write this post and have a think about what products and bits and bobs that I'd been loving throughout April I was at a loss to find something that I'd really loved and stood out to me. But once I opened my makeup drawer and had a look inside I realised that there wasn't anything in particularly new that I was obsessed with throughout the month but rather a few odd pieces that I'd just been using more frequently. As for lifestyle favourites this month; a new television show caught my eye as well as a book that I started reading last October... yes I know what you're thinking - October?! All I can say is that I go through phases where I love to read and other times I don't so much.

MAKEUP
Majority of my makeup favourites for April have mostly come from my haul I did a post on a few weeks ago. First up I'm totally loving the Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer with SPF 20, as it has really shown to me the importance of wearing a primer and how much they improve your foundations longevity. This one in particular, although I'm no primer expert, feels quite light on the skin and doesn't leave any messy residue behind making your base look near flawless. My beloved NARS Orgasm blush is one that always brings back fond memories of when I visited Paris back in 2013, and its still going strong. I've really been into more peachy golden shades recently and this colour brings my cheeks a little more life than usual - very #cheeksonfleek. My brows have always been my most dreaded part of my face and my makeup routine, and now that I've finally grown them out just a bit it makes using brow products so much more exciting. This pencil and powder duo from Maybelline in Dark Blonde makes the application super speedy as I first apply the powder side darkening my light brow hairs and then I go in with the pencil/nib end and try to create natural hair strokes. I've got two lip favourites this month and the first from NYX which is a new brand that I'm totally obsessed with, not only do they have such beautiful and high quality products, they're also super affordable and available in Target. The Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee is this gorgeous pinky nude shade and is the perfect colour for a subtle toned down look and also my new handbag staple. It applies super creamy to the lips and then I dab it into the skin with my finger to set it, plus the vanilla scent is just heavenly. Lastly, this dark nude from Rimmel's Lasting Finish by Kate Moss range in the shade 48 has become my new go-to for dark lipstick. The formulation is hydrating and the colour looks insane with pale skin and a feline flick!

April Favourites | Cate Renée

SKINCARE & HAIR
My skin has once again been playing up in the dehydration department this month and even with copious amounts of thick night cream applied both day and night, my skin just won't seem to lose its dryness. Until I started wearing the Caudalie Moisturising Mask as not a mask but a moisturiser to sleep each night and over the course of a week my giant forehead and under eye dry patches started to clear up. I also upped my daily water intake and that did wonders for my complexion as well as the dryness. I don't often have any hair products in these kinds of posts but when I do its usually something that I love, and I've found a new love for dry shampoo. Ever since switching up hairdressers and colouring my hair blonde I've been trying my hardest to cut back on washing it daily and instead washing it every other day. For those in between days the Batiste Dry Shampoo in the Tropical scent is my saving grace for putting that grease at bay and creating volume for my dull, fine hair. I cannot wait until I'm in the UK in June to pick up some of Ruth Crilly's Colab dry shampoo.

LIFE & STYLE
My last three favourites of the month include the before mentioned book that I've been reading since October last year, a new medical drama TV show and a wardrobe concept that has completely changed the way I dress myself and purchase clothes. Okay, so the book is The Help by Kathryn Stockett and its bloody brilliant if you're looking for something with a little history and humour. Set in 1962 Jackson, Mississippi, a world "where black maids raise white children, but aren't trusted not to steal the silver", this book is full of laughs and true stories that I can't wait to finish - the movie is also equally as hilarious. Now that the weather is cooling down I'm on the hunt to find some new TV shows to binge on and Heartbeat is the new medical comedy with Melissa George that fills my void when Grey's Anatomy isn't on. Its an easy watch filled with plenty of surgeries and drama, leaving you to believe you could perform the next open heart surgery. Lastly, the capsule wardrobe was a concept I came across a little while ago but never thought much about it or looked into it, until I suddenly found myself unemployed and short on cash to feed my shopping addiction. I don't want to give too much away as I've got a whole post on it this weekend, but basically its a seasonal wardrobe collection where you actually wear what you own and only shop every three months!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig