Sunday 6 March 2016

Mini Weekender Beauty Haul

Mini Weekender Beauty Haul | Cate Renée

They say things happen in life for a reason, and I for one am a huge believer, but when life takes a small turn for the worse I suddenly loose my faith in this and am in need of a little pick-me-up or some retail therapy. Who's to say a new lipstick couldn't brighten up ones day, or at least help them forget whats going on around them for a short time? I believe that doing what makes you happy is the best therapy one can buy... and apart from that bright, new lipstick that you might need to add your collection, it's usually free. I recently have experienced a little bump in the road and found myself feeling "lost" and in desperate need of some guidance and with a huge thanks to my wonderful Mum and friends I am slowly getting back onto the horse, but not without a quick trip to the drugstore.

Mini Weekender Beauty Haul | Cate Renée

I usually love a good natural and toned-down makeup look with lots of nudes and bronzy browns, but as of late I've been reaching more for the brighter colours in my beauty collections and also in the drugstore. With that being said I did finally pick up the beautiful Maybelline The Nudes palette which is packed with 12 shimmery neutral shades, ranging from muted nudes and browns to more golden and red-based purple tones. This would be the perfect palette for any girl traveling the world as you can create may different eye looks suitable to any occasion or destination. Plus for a drugstore eyeshadow palette the pigmentation of the shades are easy to apply and last most of the day with a good primer. I also bought another Maybelline mascara, since they are my favourite high street brand for eye makeup, as it was on sale and you can never have too many back-ups in your beauty bag. The Rebel Bloom collection has seen some amazing bold and bright shades come to life in lipstick formation, and I just couldn't leave the shops without the beautiful Coral Burst in my hands. This incredible pinky coral has a creamy matte finish but won't leave you with lips looking caked and will see you through a night out on the town! I must also mention that I am a slave to nude lipsticks and even more so ones that come in a handy crayon form. This Elusive matte balm from Revlon - there's something about that word that I love - is the perfect addition to my handbag for an on-the-go quick swipe of pinky nude perfection.

Now for the nails... I went a little wild, well for me. I branched out from my boring stock-standard Rimmel Double Decker Red, and upgraded to a more orange based coral-red from Barry M. Holy cheese balls I have fallen head over heels for this brand lately - I also bought the shade Coconut - but the colour that has my heart is Passionfruit. The formulation of this paired with my favourite top coat from Maybelline will see you with envious nails for almost 10 days without any chips! I will be getting my hands on a few more shades very soon... I see you Barry M Blueberry.
Share:

2 comments

  1. Love the look of that eyeshadow palette really need to pick one up! Great picks :)


    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must, it's an amazing bargain!!

      Delete

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig