Sunday 13 December 2015

What's On My Face: Festive Edit

Festive Makeup 2015
Festive Makeup 2015
Festive Makeup 2015

Christmas is literally just around the corner, and I honestly couldn't be more excited for the holidays this year! This post is another reason why I love the holiday season, because it's the best excuse the whip out the glitter and red lipstick and go all out on your makeup. This year I wanted to stray a way from my traditional red lips and glittery eyes and instead opt for a more pinky berry tone rather than your classic pillar box red, cue Rimmel's beautifully rich and creamy Moisture Renew Lipstick in As You Want Victoria.

For my skin I wanted to keep it really natural and dewy looking, and for that the only foundation that could bring that to the table is NARS Sheer Glow. I used two smallish pumps of Mont Blanc on the back on my hand and blended it in using my favourite Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush. As for concealer, I am yet to find a drugstore alternative that lives up to Rimmel's Wake Me Up, and used my new love, the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to erase those dark circles. To create a more warmer feel and slight definition I dived in using The Body Shop's Honey Bronzing Powder in the lightest shade around the forehead, temples, cheeks and jawline. For a little blush and highlight I've gone with a staple in my collection, the Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow to add some colour and sheen to my cheeks.

Festive Makeup 2015

Next I've filled in my finally-grown-out-to-a-somewhat-extent eyebrows with my new holy grail brow product that is Maybelline's Brow Satin Duo in Dark Blonde, but have stuck to using only the end with the nib- weird word. Working down to my eyes I've applied two gorgeous brown shades from my well-used Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette, with Cashmere Bunny all over the lid and blended a touch of Chocolate Martini through my crease. And to add some serious drama I've gone in with this classic black kohl liner from The Body Shop and lined my upper and lower lash lines to add to the smokey perfection. The Body Shop's eyelash curlers are new and revolutionary to my makeup brushes and tools collection and are a serious improvement from my $2 Kmart ones. These bad boys can create a serious curl that holds all day and when combined with Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara they are a force to be reckoned with. And lastly I completed this look with a few swipes of this berry creamy and rich beauty that is Rimmel's As You Want Victoria - see what I did there? *smirks.
Share:

2 comments

  1. Love the lipstick shade totally festive appropriate :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig