Wednesday 29 April 2015

Monthly Roundup: April

Monthly Roundup: April | Cate Renée

It's been a while since my last monthly favourites post, can you believe it was back in November? It's crazy to think that we're almost in May now! But I'm back and feeling refreshed and ready with a new monthly roundup post for you today. I've loved a variety of products over the last few months and am just going to combine it all into one big post!

MAYBELLINE COLOUR DRAMA LIP PENCIL IN LOVE MY PINK
This lippy has lived in my bag this past month and has been my go-to for something with a bit more "pizzazz" to it than a natural lip. I love the creamy formulation and the travel-friendliness of this product, and how it can be easily built up. As for the colour, I wouldn't say it's a bright pink, but more of a muted, darker version of that classic Barbie pink.

L'OREAL COLOUR RICHE LE VERNIS IN YOU ARE WORTH IT & MARIE ANTOINETTE 
A beautiful muted elephant blue and Barbie-like pale pink, these two colours have been on my nails this past month! The formula itself is pretty thin, so it took me three coats to get an opaque effect, and then I popped a little of the Maybelline Super Stay clear coat over the top. Both look super pretty with a light sparkle over the top.

SIMPLE MICELLAR CLEANSING WATER
A recent discovery, I purchased this bad boy after seeing so many positive review from fellow beauty bloggers! Honestly, a God-send as Bioderma in Australia costs an arm and a leg, and this does the same job, if not better, and for only a fraction of the price!

BATH & BODY WORKS VANILLA BEAN NOEL SHOWER GEL
I'm quite a fruity and sweet person when it comes to shower gels and soaps, but I've been gravitating towards this vanilla scented gem recently. Now that the weather is cooling down, I'm loving heavily scents like vanilla and cinnamon. I love the way this shower gel makes my skin feel and it only takes a small amount to lather up all over my body.

TURTLE NECKED TOPS & SWEATERS
Oh my! I am literally obsessed with this trend for winter! I love the coziness and how easily these bring a boring, casual outfit some life. Plus not to mention the look it creates, almost enhancing the bust area, and the unnecessary need to wear a scarf.

KMART CANDLE 
At only $6 this creamy vanilla, tuberose and orange blossom candle is an absolute steal for it's quality! I'd never really given much attention to the home decor section in Kmart, but found myself eyeing up many things in most of the isles. With their everyday low prices, you must have a squizz at the homewares range on offer.

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY
If you've been following my Twitter feed for quite some while you'll already know about my latest obsession with the Fifty Shades Trilogy! After watching the film I just had to read the books, and ever since starting them I haven't put them down, and now I've finished the final book! I've also got to mention the crazy, genius, amazing soundtrack that accompanies the movie, which I've had on loop since the film was released back in February.

GOGGLEBOX
With the much loved British comedy about watching people watch TV, arriving down under with a series of its own, I couldn't pass it up to see what Australia thought. Super hilarious and family friendly, Gogglebox will leave you in a giggling fit of stitches. Although the show has now finished it's run, it will thankfully be returning in the later half of the year.

A2 MILK
An absolute bloody lifesaver, not only for my stomach but for my soul. I've struggled with an intolerance to gluten and dairy for quite some while, and finally gave into trying A2 milk. I haven't been sick from it yet, and it tastes an awfully lot nicer than almond milk in my cup of tea. I'm thinking about doing a "going gluten and dairy free" post soon, so let me know what your thoughts are.

THE SCRIPT'S NO SOUND WITHOUT SILENCE ALBUM
The spunky pop rock band from Ireland touched down in Perth this past weekend for a show-stopping concert, on their latest No Sound Without Silence tour. I've been a bit of a closet fan for a while and couldn't shut up about how amazing their concert was last Friday night! A big statement to make, but it was honestly the best concert I have ever been too!
Share:

4 comments

  1. would love to see another haul post and possibly including the pjs that you featured on Instagram x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'd love to do a cosy bits and bobs haul soon! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm loving turtlenecks right now as well! I think they look so cute with skirts and boots. would love if you could check out my fashion blog?:)

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so on trend right now!! Love your blog xx

      Delete

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig