Sunday 15 March 2015

Updated Skincare Routine

Updated Skincare Routine | Cate Renée

I'm back with a brand new blog design and blog post for you today! After my much needed little break away from the internet, I'm back, and ready to dive in head first again. Being in my final year of school this year I recognise that I will have to face many challenges, keeping up-to-date with my blog posts will be one, but there is nothing that makes me feel better like healthy, clear skin. This is my most recent skincare routine I've developed, and for me it has just seemed to work well with my combination-oily skin over the last few months. I like to keep this kind of routine relatively simple, especially after a night out, the last thing I want to do is have to remember a 10 step process of how to wash my face. I use majority of these products both morning and night, with the exception of a few.

After that dreadful alarm crashes my sweet slumber, I jump up out of bed (major exaggeration!) and dive in the shower, grabbing my Simple Triple Action Face Wash out of the shower caddy. Giving that a good scrub all over my face, neck, and back, it helps awaken my clogged pores and cleanse any nasty bacteria hidden beneath the surface. Next I love to lather up a squirt of The Body Shop's Tea Tree Body Wash onto a pair of exfoliating gloves and massage that into my back and shoulders, helping to fight and prevent further "bacne"- of course I don't exfoliate everyday, but once or twice a week will do wonders for your skin. Once I'm out, I quickly pat dry my face with the towel and apply a thin layer of the Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturiser, which has given me a whole new understanding of soft skin. Plus this miracle moisturiser has also healed any dry patches I once had.

In the evening, once I'm home from school, removing all my makeup is an absolute must for me- I hate that icky feeling of all day makeup on my skin. I usually use something like Bioderma and cotton pads to remove any stubborn makeup, if not I opt for a quick cleanse with the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Just before bed, I love to apply a tiny amount of the cleanser, and let my Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush work it's magic. The gentle vibrations of the brush help unclog my pores, and scrub away any impurities, left over makeup, and cleanse any blemishes. And if worst really comes to worst, a small dab of the Mask Of Magnaminty from Lush over the top of a spot or blemished area, usually does the trick for me, leaving my skin looking ten times better by the following morning. Last but not least, another application of my new favourite Simple moisturiser sees the completion of another day, and off to bed.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig