Wednesday 31 December 2014

Get Ready With Me - New Year’s Eve Party 2014/15

We made it! Finally we say goodbye to another year, and hello to 2015 and the future that it holds for us all. I'm secretly hoping it's gonna be a good one- new pets, last year of school, 18th birthday, school ball, the list goes on etc. Here's a super low key casual look that I'll be rocking tonight on New Year's Eve with close friends and family and with lots of tasty goodies and catchy tunes circa 2002.

I jumped in the shower this afternoon, soaking up what would be my last shower for the year, and relaxed under the steamy water. After a few aimless minutes I got to work washing my face with my favourite Simple Triple Action Face Wash, which is full of gentle beads and gives a powerful zing, waking you straight up- perfect for those early mornings. Next of course I applied a hefty dollop of my latest obsession, Lush's Snow Fairy to my loofah and worked it's magic into my skin. I really wanted to treat myself today, so after my shower I popped on a minty face mask mask (Mask Of Magnaminty), lathered some of the Bath & Body Works A Thousand Wishes body lotion on, and tackled my nails with a bright and bold "Cranberry Zest" colour from Rimmel London. Plus, as my lips have been quite dry and flaky recently (TMI?) I gave them a good scrub with Mint Julips Lip Scrub from Lush and then applied a conditioning amount of my holy grail Lucas' Papaw Ointment
over the top.

Get Ready With Me - New Year’s Eve Party 2014/15 | Cate RenéeGet Ready With Me - New Year’s Eve Party 2014/15 | Cate RenéeGet Ready With Me - New Year’s Eve Party 2014/15 | Cate Renée

Next up, hair and makeup! As I predict that tonight will be more than a let-your-hair-down kind of night, I went for a simple blow dry and a quick straighten over the top to keep the look pretty casual. And for makeup I've gathered a list of all the products I've got on my face below... my casual yet chic look.

Get Ready With Me - New Year’s Eve Party 2014/15 | Cate Renée
Get Ready With Me - New Year’s Eve Party 2014/15 | Cate Renée

PRODUCTS USED
Foundation - Revlon Colour Stay in 150 Buff
Concealer - Rimmel London Wake Me Up in Ivory
Powder - Bourjois Healthy Balance in Vanilla
Blush - Revlon Highlighting Palette in Rose Glow
Eyeshadow - Birthday Suit all over the lid, Sugar Walls in the crease, and In The Buff in the inner corner and brow bone all from the Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette
Mascara - Maybelline The Mega Plush & The Falsies Waterproof
Brows - MAC Charcoal Brown
Lips - Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon

Get Ready With Me - New Year’s Eve Party 2014/15 | Cate Renée
Get Ready With Me - New Year’s Eve Party 2014/15 | Cate Renée

OUTFIT
Blue floral blouse - Valleygirl
Black skinny jeans - Valleygirl
Black roped sandals - BIG W
Watch - DKNY

And lastly, you can't leave the house without smelling like a goddess, so tonight I'm wearing some of my new love, the Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream EDTI hope everyone has had a lovely year and I look forward to see what the future brings for our little circle of beauty blogging friends! Have a super fun and safe night. 

Happy New Year!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig