Sunday 9 November 2014

Blonde Hair Care & Maintenance

Blonde Hair Care & Maintenance | Cate Renée
This one is for all the blondies out there! Because blonde's truly do have more fun...

I've been a blonde for a while now, so much so, I'm not quite sure what my natural hair colour is anymore- highly likely to be a dirty blonde/light brown. I began highlighting, dyeing and bleaching my hair when I was around 12 or 13, first as an experimental and fun thing to do. I've been both brunette and blonde several times over, but blonde is truly what's best suited for my skin tone and is my preference. But it is not until you have committed to the blonde lifestyle and all it's glory that you realise it has both positive and negative sides to the upkeep of it. I love testing out many different products on my little head of hair, and below I've listed a few of the crème de la crème of hair care and maintenance for blonde hair.

EVERYDAY SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER 
Since I've been dyeing and bleaching my hair on and off for the past five years or so I like to invest in a good cleansing and nourishing shampoo and conditioner, and I haven't moved past the range from Herbal Essences. My two favourite are the Colour Me Happy set and Long Term Relationship duo, both working their magic on my locks. 

COLOUR ENHANCING SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER 

Although I do have regular appointments at my hair salon, I still like to give my hair a little something to last until the next time I go. My favourite colour enhancing treatment I've tried so far is the Go Blonder range from John Frieda. I currently only own the shampoo, not so easy on the bank, but I'm looking to invest in the matching conditioner very soon.

LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER

I feel like this may be the only product I ever mention on the old girl (blog), but I do truly love and swear by it. The Natural Look by Australia Static Free Smooth Operator is literally a frizzy haired girl's life saver. This works best on my hair for a week or so after I've hair my hair freshly coloured, but I use it on an everyday basis. It's also the perfect detangler and has an intoxicating delicious fruit punchy/apricot scent!

HAIR MASK

I do love a good pamper sesh with a hair mask or two, although I haven't got one present in my collection today, one of my favourites is the Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask, that unfortunately I only get to use when I stay over my dear friends home, but will cost me an arm and a leg if purchased. A cheaper alternative is the greatly raved about Organix Rehydrating Macadamia Oil Intense Moisture Mask which does the hair wonders. If you don't feel like breaking the bank anytime soon I suggest a good ol' fashioned DIY job at home. My favourite combo being a mix of eggs, honey, olive oil, and avocado, whisk all together and apply for about 30 minutes!

DRY SHAMPOO

Ooh I do love a good dry shampoo, and surprisingly not for its in-between washes use, but for giving my usually flat hair a little life and volume. The range from Batiste is just the best! Although my mother is very picky about the scents, she's allowed me to use the cherry scented spray. A great alternative I used to live by for years was shaking baby or talcum powder into the roots of my hair- be careful not to risk the scary white scalp!

BRUSHES & COMBS

I have many hair brushes and combs lying around my bedroom and bathroom, but only use two for very different reasons and for specific jobs! My afro comb is what I use after a shower, once I've put my beloved leave-in conditioner, and to gently comb through and detangle any mess. And secondly a bristle brush perfect for a good blow out and everyday brushing and styling.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig