Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Berry Farm & Jewel Cave | Dunsborough Diaries

Finally a new post! Due to the lack of, or should I say non-existent Wi-Fi, I’ve hardly been able to get online and talk to you guys, but anyways on a happier note, the holiday home is beautiful and so far we’ve all had a fabulous time, bar from the miserable weather that struck the first couple of days. After arriving on the Friday afternoon, we awoke fresh and revitalized on Saturday morning to the sounds of pouring rain and howling winds. Lunch was spent at a local rustic restaurant, The Goanna Gallery Bush Café, where I tucked into a warm and scrumptious spring green vegetable soup with a side serving of thick and crusty bread.


The Berry Farm & Jewel Cave | Dunsborough Diaries | Cate Renée


Sunday’s weather was no different, if anything, worse. My Mum, sister, nanna and I hopped in the car and drove a few more kilometres south to the beautiful home of many wineries and fine dining, Margaret River. We stopped by The Berry Farm for a quick cup of tea and break from the rain, plus nothing could stop me from a little impromptu photo op among the lush gardens surrounding. 

The Berry Farm & Jewel Cave | Dunsborough Diaries | Cate Renée

Wearing
Leather jacket - Dotti (similar here)
Cropped tee - Sportsgirl
Navy jeans - Valleygirl
Shoes - Target
Sunglasses - Cotton On (similar here)

And on the way home we stopped into one of the best candy and colourful stores in the south west, The Candy Cow. For a few weeks now I’ve been craving fudge, and my prayers were answered. I just couldn’t contain my excitement when I roamed through the assortment of flavours on offer. Of course I snapped a quick shot before I opened any, as I knew once I did that’d be the end of it. Finally after a long day of road-tripping in the rain, a lovely hot bubble bath was well needed, and packing my all time favourite Lush bath product with me, the Creamy Candy Bubble Bar, was the smartest idea ever! As for Monday, a public holiday- long weekend here in Perth, we drove up to Busselton for a girl's day of shopping and finished with lunch at a local restaurant, Samovar's... to which I forgot my camera, but the food was great! And lastly yesterday, after seeing my Nanna off back home, we made the long, but beautiful drive through the Karri trees along Caves Road all the way down to Augusta and the Jewel Cave- which was spectacular!


The Berry Farm & Jewel Cave | Dunsborough Diaries | Cate Renée
The Berry Farm & Jewel Cave | Dunsborough Diaries | Cate Renée
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig