Wednesday 29 October 2014

Pumpkin Carving!

Pumpkin Carving! | Happy Halloween | Cate Renée

So this is my first time carving a pumpkin, an annual tradition for most Americans, but for little old me a never before acted out task... I guess you could say I'm about to lose my pumpkin carving virginity. As this was my first time ever you'd think I go for a relatively simple and easy design, but nope I'm going the whole hog, straight into the deep end with a beautifully sophisticated owl design.


I didn't quite realise what I was getting myself into until I began to even cut the lid off, and began the very gooey and gross process of de-pumpkining the pumpkin and scooping the insides out. After cutting out my stencil, thanks Google, I pinned it to the belly of my pumpkin and stick it to with toothpicks- don't ask. I then slowly made a slight incision with a Stanley knife around the edges of my stencil, so I could remove it and cut out the excess of the design. After about five or so minutes, I passed over the carving shears to my father who kindly carved the rest of the intricate detailing of the little owls.

This was such a fun process, and I just love getting into the spirit of almost every holiday we have, and I am definitely looking to incorporate more tradition into our very laid back Aussie ways. So you'll be glad to hear that Mr. Pumpkin Man is now happily residing on our front door step!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig