Saturday 25 October 2014

Minnie Mouse Halloween Makeup

Minnie Mouse Makeup | Happy Halloween | Cate Renée
Minnie Mouse Makeup | Happy Halloween | Cate Renée
Minnie Mouse Makeup | Happy Halloween | Cate Renée

Whilst I did have a really cool sugar skull inspired makeup look I'd ran out of time to get white face paint at the shops, and had remembered that I'd always wanted to dress up as Minnie Mouse for Halloween. I had so much fun creating this look and was a fun way to spend my boring Sunday afternoon last weekend!

Firstly I created a thick base of the Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in 150 Buff to hide all those nasty spots protruding on my face that day, along with a decent amount of under eye concealer- Rimmel London Wake Me Up in 100 Ivory and Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 001 Transparent over the top. And for a tiny pop of colour, a swipe of the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush (what a mouthful!?) in Rose on the apples of my cheeks and up to my temples.

Next was the eyebrows, and I made sure to set enough time aside to get them precisely perfect and as even as possible- my friend always reminds me that eyebrows are meant to be sisters not twins! For this I used my holy grail brow product, the MAC Charcoal Brown eyeshadow and applied with my Zoeva 317 Wing Liner brush. 

For eyes I started with a simple light matte pink shade, Fuzzy Handcuffs, from my beloved Too Faced Boudoir Eyes palette and applied it all over the lid, and up to the brow bone. I then took the white end of the Maybelline Big Eyes Liner duo (to which I've never used before) and drew a super thick line of it, flicking it out at the end- just like a cat-eye. I then went on with my Maybelline Master Precise Liner over the top of the white, leaving a small amount of the white coming through. And of for lashes, I curled them prior to the application of the Revlon 3D Volume Photo Ready mascara, then re-curled them and went over with my Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express for a thick, fuller look.

As for creating Minnie's nose, this was the most difficult part of the entire look, apart from trying not to end up with red lipstick all of my chin. I use the black end of the Big Eyes Liner duo, and coloured in the lower has of my nose. Lastly a good red lip is the classic Minnie Mouse signature! For this I used an oldie, Rimmel London's Colour Show Off lipstick in 230 Red Fever.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Cate Renée | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig